Sunday, January 3, 2010

OrcCon 2010: Gimme a Genre

So OrcCon's coming up, and I've actually gotten a request to run something FATE-based. But... uh... I don't know what to run. Anyone have a suggestion? My brain isn't screaming to run any particular genre, so a nudge in one direction or another would be helpful.

Sci-fi's out; if I were going to do that, I'd run Diaspora, but by the time OrcCon rolls around in February I won't have had enough experience to be comfortable enough to run it. Heck, if I have any experience with it by then I'll consider myself lucky. I still haven't really cracked supers -- I feel like I'm close enough to get something together by the end of the month, but I just don't have any supers inspiration right now. Western? It's okay as-is, but it really wants some sort of code-of-honor mechanic to make it sing. I have a little idea for a '60s-style James-Bondesque espionage hack, but that one little idea (though cool) does not a conversion make -- and besides, I just don't know what I'd do with a spy game. Just not in the right frame of mind, or something.

So I don't know. Inspire me, Internet.
Post a Comment