Sunday, October 12, 2008

PDQ#, Etc.

Apologies for the long period of silence, but I'm getting married in three weeks (!) and you wouldn't believe how much time that's been consuming lately. Basically, anytime I'm at rest, I should probably be doing something wedding-related. However, this isn't that kind of blog, so on to something FATE-related.

I've been reading Chad Underkoffler's new swashbuckler-specific implementation of PDQ, PDQ Sharp, and I'm really digging it. Lots of good ideas in there. The full version will be in Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies (with which I unfortunately have no connection), but in the meantime you really ought to check out the free 28-page PDF of the PDQ# core rules, if you haven't already. The mechanics are elegant and support the genre, and the writing style is both straightforward and pretty entertaining. Not many games so strongly encourage the use of the word "Certes"; for that, my white-plumed hat's off to you, Chad. Really looking forward to the finished product -- among my weaknesses are all things swashbucklery.

2 comments:

Chad Underkoffler said...

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the freebie!

Mike Olson said...

Hey! It's Chad Underkoffler!

Looking forward to getting my hands on S7S whenever it comes out.