Thursday, February 17, 2011

[Kerberos] Sample Characters for OrcCon

So, as I believe I've mentioned before, I'm running a couple sessions of FATE Kerberos this weekend at OrcCon. The scenario's called "A Penny Dreadful for Your Thoughts," and it involves... some things. I don't want to spoil anything. I'm getting it together in a more-than-notes form, which is a new one for me -- usually I go in with a few paragraphs of rambling ideas, some stats (often complete!), and crossed fingers, so it's terra nova to try to make all of that into something substantial enough to share with the playtesters.

Anyway, it's been fun making characters for it. For some reason, I ended up with a preponderance of "old" characters -- either they're actually ancient, or they're the vessel for something ancient, or they're just ageless. Most of them, anyway. Here are a few:

A sort of immortal-champion take on Robin Hood (inspired by a thread on RPG.net)
Ferrous, a magical man-sized homage to the Iron Giant
A foul-tempered chimney sweep named Nick Fuller, a.k.a. the London Fog

Each session only takes five players, but I made six PCs anyway (with another three or four waiting in the wings that didn't make the cut). Hope to see you there!

5 comments:

Volsung said...

Robin Hood & Ferrous's links are dead
:)

Mike Olson said...

Fixed! I don't know what the deal was there -- I guess I'd assumed the files uploaded, whereas in point of fact they never did. Anyway, they're there now.

Volsung said...

Thanks a lot! I can't wait !

Anonymous said...

By the way, I also asked a little question there.
http://spiritoftheblank.blogspot.com/2010/12/kerberos-updates.html

(Basically, which are the requirements to be playtesters? :))

Volsung said...

Damn! Wrong login.
If you could delete the comment above I'd be grateful^^